Sticky Buns are gooey, caramel-infused, breakfast rolls that are so delicious, you won’t be able to stop at just one! Simple and quick to throw together, these are going to become a go-to for your family breakfast.
I love a delicious and hearty breakfast, and these sticky buns pair perfectly with just about anything savory. Serve these with a side of Perfectly Scrambled Eggs and Baked Bacon, or a tasty Breakfast Sausage Avocado Burrito and make your breakfast a feast.
Amazing Sticky Buns
I look forward to Christmas every year just for these Sticky Buns. My boy’s grandma introduced me to them, and then we were instantly hooked! And they have been a family tradition ever since. Not only are they insanely delicious, but they are so easy to make!
An ooey, gooey caramel-like glaze on tops of delicious pull-apart bread makes it easy to see why everyone goes crazy over these. I love a delicious overnight meal option because then I can take the time to prepare it, and once the crazy morning hits, we already have breakfast (and a delicious one at that!) waiting. These sticky buns are perfect for breakfast or brunch, and they feed a crowd!
Easy Sticky Bun Ingredients
Just six ingredients in these fabulous buns! No one can resist these delicate rolls covered in a sticky sweet, nutty sauce. You and your family are going to love them. Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all of the exact ingredient measurements.
- Chopped Pecans: These are optional, but I love the crunch they add.
- Frozen Rolls: I used Rhodes Rolls, but if you have a favorite brand of frozen rolls, they’ll work just fine.
- Cook and Serve Butterscotch pudding: This has to be the cook and serve pudding, NOT INSTANT.
- Cinnamon: Adds a bit of spice.
- Brown Sugar: Together with the butter and pudding creates a delicious caramel sauce.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this recipe
Making Homemade Sticky Buns
They are super easy and quick to throw together too! Using frozen dough is the big secret and what. makes this makes so effortless. You are going to love everything about these.
- Place: Place the chopped nuts in a well-greased bundt pan. Then evenly distribute 20 frozen rolls.
- Sprinkle: Pour the pudding mix powder over the rolls. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Melt: In a microwave bowl, mix the butter and the brown sugar. Drizzle over the rolls.
- Cover: Cover and let rise in a cool place overnight.
- Bake: In the morning, bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 min. Let cool in the pan for 5 min, then turn out onto a plate or platter and serve.
Tips and Variations
- Nuts: While using pecans is optional, adding them to the sticky buns adds a delightful crunch. But if you prefer walnuts, you can use them instead.
- Brown, don’t Burn: To prevent the tops from burning, cover the sticky buns with a sheet of aluminum foil after the first 10 minutes of cooking.
- Prevent Dripping: If you are worried about caramel dripping over the sides, place the bundt pan on a cookie sheet while baking.
- Pan: If you don’t have a bundt pan, you can use a 9×13 pan instead. Grease the pan, arrange the nuts, and place the rolls in a single layer on top. Pour the mixture of pudding, cinnamon, and butter over the rolls, and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
These delicious sticky buns make delicious leftovers! Here is how you can store them and enjoy them all week long:
- At Room Temperature: leftover sticky buns can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days when tightly covered.
- To Reheat: When you are ready to eat your leftovers, you can simply warm them back up in the microwave.
*Freezing sticky buns is not recommended*
Originally Posted on July 4, 2012
Calories470kcal (24%)Carbohydrates76g (25%)Protein11g (22%)Fat14g (22%)Saturated Fat6g (30%)Cholesterol24mg (8%)Sodium669mg (28%)Potassium15mgFiber2g (8%)Sugar19g (21%)Vitamin A284IU (6%)Calcium27mg (3%)Iron21mg (117%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Hi! I’m a dedicated health blogger sharing valuable insights, natural remedies, and the latest scientific breakthroughs to help readers lead healthier lives. With a holistic approach to wellness, I empower individuals with accessible and actionable content, debunking myths and offering practical tips for incorporating healthy habits.