Gentlemen, fall is upon us. That means cozy sweaters, drifting leaves – and of course, pumpkin spice.
Now’s the time to switch up your cologne because summer fragrances are too sweet, fruity and aquatic.
You need woody tones like cedar, sandalwood, and oud. You’ll also want some cozy spices and soothing tobacco.
In this article, I’m sharing my top fall fragrances for men:
- Man in Black – Bvlgari
- Nuit D’Issey – Issey Miyake
- Bentley For Men Intense – Bentley
- Touch For Men – Burberry
- F By Ferragamo – Salvatore Ferragamo
- Mercedes Benz Man – Mercedes
- Original Santal – Creed
- Royal Oud – Creed
- Tabarome Millésime – Creed
- Bleu De Chanel – Chanel
- Égoïste – Chanel
- L’Homme Ideal – Guerlain
- 1 Million – Paco Rabanne
- Wanted By Night – Azzaro
- Godolphin – Parfums De Marly
Brief Introduction To Fragrance Anatomy
Before I list out my top fall fragrances for men, let’s talk about fragrance anatomy. You’ve probably heard of top notes, heart notes, and base notes…
But what do those terms mean?
- Top notes consist of the lightest molecules. This where you are likely to find citrus scents like bergamot. They form the fragrance’s initial impression and evaporate within 15 minutes.
- Heart notes, or middle notes, form the core of the fragrance. They start to emerge as the top notes dissipate. Notes found here are more “rounded” – such as lavender and rose.
- Base notes are the foundation of a fragrance. These are the densest molecules that take the longest to evaporate. This is where you commonly find musk, oakmoss, and leather.
Got it? Alright, let’s get into the best fall fragrances for men.
Top Fall Fragrances For Men #1 Man In Black – Bvlgari
Bvlgari launched Man In Black to celebrate 130 years in business. It was inspired by the Roman god of fire. The spice and leather come through strongly to make for a warm accord. Don’t hesitate to wear this on a night out during the fall.
- Top Notes: Tobacco, Spices, Rum
- Heart Notes: Leather, Tuberose, Iris
- Base Notes: Oud, Benzoin, Tonka
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #2 Nuit D’Issey – Issey Miyake
I love this for being is a deeply smokey fragrance with a woody and leathery backbone. You can’t miss the incense. It’s rounded out by the wood. There is slight bergamot, but it gets consumed by the more masculine scents in the heart and dry down.
- Top Notes: Bergamot, Grapefruit
- Heart Notes: Leather, Pepper, Wood
- Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Mint, Incense, Ebony Tree
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #3 Bentley For Men Intense – Bentley
Bentley For Men Intense is a boozy fragrance for pirate lovers. It’s one of my favorite top fall fragrances for men.
Rum, incense, and wood are what strikes me about this fragrance. It is considered an older gentleman’s scent due to the dark pungency it exudes. However, I believe that any guy can pull this off. It’s a fantastically masculine fall fragrance for men.
- Top Notes: Bergamot, Pepper, Bay Leaf
- Heart Notes: Lavender, Geranium, Cinnamon, Rum, Wood
- Base Notes: Leather, Benzoin, Incense, Cedar, Patchouli
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #4 Touch For Men – Burberry
Touch for Men is a fresh scent offset by a slight sweetness. It’s one of the most versatile fragrances for men on this list. Touch starts off clean and crisp, with a powdery base. It has great sillage, longevity, and projection. You can wear any time, anywhere.
- Top Notes: Artemisia, Violet Leaf, Mandarin Orange
- Heart Notes: Nutmeg, White Pepper, Cedar
- Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Vetiver, White Musk
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #5 F By Ferragamo – Salvatore Ferragamo
This oriental woody fragrance was launched in 2007 and formulated by Olivier Polge. It is a powerfully fresh and soapy scent with moderate longevity and sillage. This is a perfect scent for semi-formal or business casual occasions in the fall.
- Top Notes: Lavender, Green Apple
- Heart Notes: Pepper
- Base Notes: Labdanum, Leather, Amber
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #6 Mercedes Benz Man – Mercedes
Mercedes Benz is an inoffensive aromatic fragrance for men who want to smell good without clearing the room. I love it as an all-around decent fragrance with good sillage and impressive longevity. I could easily envision a well-dressed businessman driving a Mercedes Benz wearing this peaceable fall fragrance for men.
- Top Notes: Pear, Musk Mallow
- Heart Notes: Geranium, Cedar
- Base Notes: Oakmoss, Palisander Rosewood
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #7 Original Santal – Creed
Santal is an oriental fragrance packed with Indian sandalwood. After applying this fragrance, I was so struck that I looked up reviews to ensure I wasn’t the only one. Sure enough, I wasn’t. This fragrance for men is a guaranteed compliment-getter. It’s underused, underrated, but well worth the cost.
- Top Notes: Coriander, Juniper Berries, Cinnamon, Sandalwood
- Heart Notes: Rosemary, Ginger, Lavender, Petitgrain
- Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Vanilla
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #8 Royal Oud – Creed
Creed formulated this scent in 2011 in response to numerous requests for an oud fragrance for men. Their inspiration? the vision of a Persian palace. It’s a Fougere fragrance. This is a well-rounded fragrance for men where the cedar and sandalwood come through strongly.
- Top Notes: Lemon, Pink Pepper, Sicilian Bergamot
- Heart Notes: Cedar, Galbanum, Angelica
- Base Notes: Oud, Sandalwood, Musk
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #9 Tabarome Millésime – Creed
A cigar-loving British politician inspired this scent. A green, leafy tobacco fragrance dominates this scent along with sandalwood and citrus. If you love cigars, this is the perfect fall fragrance for you.
- Top Notes: Bergamot, Tangerine
- Heart Notes: Ginger
- Base Notes: Patchouli, Ambergris, Sandalwood, Tobacco, Leather
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #10 Bleu De Chanel – Chanel
This classic fragrance for men was designed by Jacques Polge. You can choose between the EDT and EDP. I prefer the EDP because it smells a bit more creamy and indulgent.
- Top Notes: Lemon, Mint, Pink Pepper, Grapefruit
- Heart Notes: Ginger, Nutmeg, Jasmine
- Base Notes: Labdanum, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Vetiver, Incense, Cedar, Musk
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #11 Égoïste – Chanel
Egoiste is a conservative masculine fragrance released in 1990. It’s an intensely woody fragrance for men who love sophistication.
- Top Notes: Mahogany, Mandarin, Rosewood, Coriander
- Heart Notes: Rose, Cinnamon, Damask Rose
- Base Notes: Leather, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Tobacco, Amber
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #12 L’Homme Ideal – Guerlain
This has been one of the top fall fragrances for men several years running now. I’ve worn it from one morning to the next, and I’m not the only one. When wondering how to choose a fragrance for men, what sets L’Homme Ideal apart is the almond scent that dominates the heart. This is a great aromatic fragrance for the fall.
- Top Notes: Orange, Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Grapefruit
- Heart Notes: Almond, Neroli
- Base Notes: White Musk, Vetiver
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #13 1 Million – Paco Rabanne
This woody spicy fragrance made its debut in 2008. The theme, as you can tell by the bottle, is wealth. It has a mild synthetic vibe with moderate performance all-around. This is a superb inoffensive fragrance for the autumn months.
- Top Notes: Grapefruit, Mint, Blood Orange
- Heart Notes: Rose, Cinnamon, Spice notes, Blond leather
- Base Notes: White Woods, Amber, Patchouli
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #14 Wanted By Night – Azzaro
If you want a fragrance this fall that will attract the ladies, look no further. This cologne for men is true to its name. Wear it on your nights out. The mandarin, tobacco, and cinnamon stand out.
- Top Notes: Cinnamon, Mandarin, Lavender, Lemon
- Heart Notes: Red Cedar, Incense, Cumin, Fruity Notes
- Base Notes: Cedar, Tobacco, Cypress, Benzoin, Iso E Super, Leather, Patchouli, Vanilla
Top Fall Fall Fragrances #15 Godolphin – Parfums De Marly
This fragrance reminds me of sitting in a brand new Porsche and driving off. It’s the single most leathery-smelling fragrance on this list, offset by a pinch of fruity notes. If you want something unapologetically masculine with great staying power, then look no further.
- Top Notes: Thyme, Saffron, Cypress, Green notes, Fruity notes, Mate
- Heart Notes: Rose, Iris, Jasmine
- Base Notes: Leather, Vetiver, Cedar, Musk, Amber, Vanilla
Top Fall Fragrances For Men
Want to learn more about the science of scents? Click here to check out the different types of men’s fragrances that you need to know.
Click below to watch the video – 10 Fall Fragrances Every Man Needs To Own (Cool Weather Colognes)
Hi! I’m a dedicated health blogger sharing valuable insights, natural remedies, and the latest scientific breakthroughs to help readers lead healthier lives. With a holistic approach to wellness, I empower individuals with accessible and actionable content, debunking myths and offering practical tips for incorporating healthy habits.