Add this homemade pizza seasoning to all of your favorite pizzas and watch them transform! It’s the best blend of herbs, garlic, and red pepper flakes to make every bite a dream!
Why You Should Make Homemade Pizza Seasoning
It’s no secret that I love making homemade seasoning blends. It’s the best way to add extra flavor to any dish and you can customize the blends to your liking! Now, if your family is as pizza obsessed as mine is, this pizza seasoning is something you’re going to always want on hand. Have you ever made a homemade pizza and wondered why it doesn’t taste quite like your favorite pizza spot? It’s probably because it’s missing these tasty herbs!
Pizza seasoning is similar to Italian seasoning because it’s made with things like basil, thyme, and oregano. What sets it apart, though, is its amazing savory flavor from the addition of garlic powder and dried onion. This pizza seasoning recipe is also made with red pepper flakes to add a little bit of heat! The end result is so tasty, sprinkle it on top of your favorite pizzas and prepare to be amazed.
Like other homemade seasoning blends, pizza seasoning is super customizable. So if you see something you’re not a fan of, use less of it or leave it out entirely! All of the measurements I used can be found in the recipe card below.
- Oregano: A bold herb that adds a punch of flavor!
- Basil: Sweet and aromatic, basil is the best addition to any pizza.
- Thyme: Similar to oregano, thyme adds a pop of fresh, minty flavor.
- Dried Onion Flakes: To give your pizza seasoning the perfect savory flavor and balance out the herbs. You can also use onion powder if you don’t have any onion flakes on hand.
- Garlic Powder: Because you can never go wrong with garlic, especially when it comes to pizza!
- Garlic Salt: For some extra savory goodness.
- Red Pepper Flakes: To add a kick of heat. Like it hot? Add more! Not a fan of spice? Omit it entirely.
Pizza Seasoning Recipe
Now that you have all of your herbs and spices ready, let’s mix everything up! Feel free to adjust the ratios as you go. It’s so easy to make this pizza seasoning your own!
- Combine: In a small bowl combine all your ingredients, then mix well.
- Transfer to Airtight Container: Pour your seasoning into a small jar or container with a lid.
- Use For: Use to season pizza dough, pizza sauce, marinara, or any Italian dish you desire. Season to taste!
- Store: Store at room temperature in a dry place for up to 6 months.
How to Use Pizza Seasoning
Pizza seasoning is one of those blends that goes with so many Italian recipes. When you’re making an Italian-inspired dish and it needs a touch of Italian spice, try this seasoning! It’s quite perfect and tastes incredible!
- Sprinkle: Sprinkle on pizza dough or on top of baked pizza for lots of flavor!
- Mix: Mix with melted butter and brush on bread sticks, French Bread, or Focaccia to add the flavor of pizza herbs.
- Add: Take your marinara sauce to the next level by adding pizza seasoning.
- Italian Recipes: Italian seasoning is obviously perfect for your Italian favorites from lasagna to pizza grilled cheese, and of course spaghetti. Pizza seasoning is delicious in all Italian-inspired recipes.
How Long Will It Last?
As long as it’s in an airtight container, your seasoning will stay good for 6 months! Store in a cool, dry place for best results.
In a small bowl combine all your ingredients, mix well.
Pour your seasoning into a small jar or container with a lid.
Use to season pizza dough, pizza sauce, marinara, or any Italian dish you desire. Season to taste!
Store at room temperature in a dry place for up to 6 months.
Serving2teaspoonsCalories9kcalCarbohydrates2g (1%)Protein0.4g (1%)Fat0.1gSaturated Fat0.04gPolyunsaturated Fat0.1gMonounsaturated Fat0.02gSodium394mg (16%)Potassium45mg (1%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar0.3gVitamin A161IU (3%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium31mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
Hi! I’m a dedicated health blogger sharing valuable insights, natural remedies, and the latest scientific breakthroughs to help readers lead healthier lives. With a holistic approach to wellness, I empower individuals with accessible and actionable content, debunking myths and offering practical tips for incorporating healthy habits.