This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
Named ‘Million Dollar Pie’ because it’s so rich and delicious, this scrumptious dessert is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth! It’s light and fluffy but packed with coconut, pecans, and pineapple for tasty tidbits in each bite!
I love no-bake pies so much, it’s hard to pick favorites! But if you like this million dollar pie, you’ll have to try out these other tasty recipes: no-bake Oreo pie, cream cheese peanut butter pie, and key lime pie!
What is Million Dollar Pie?
Million Dollar Pie (also known as millionaire pie) is the dessert dreams are made of. It got this name because of how rich and tasty it is, and trust me- it lives up to it! It’s got a fantastic, buttery graham cracker crust. And the filling? Sweetened condensed milk gets mixed with lemon juice, crushed pineapple, coconut, and pecans, all whipped up into a creamy delight. And the finishing touch? Dollops of whipped topping that are the icing on the cake, or in this case, the pie.
You’ve got to add this million dollar pie to the holiday lineup this year. It’s so delicious and a fun switch up from traditional pies! Trust me, if you add this to your Thanksgiving spread, everyone will be wanting a second piece. (And maybe even a third!)
Crust and Filling Ingredients
Million dollar pie uses a lot of simple ingredients, you’ll just need to grab all the tasty mix-ins from the store if you don’t already have them. The chopped pecans, pineapple, and coconut make it so good!
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: The crunchy foundation for the pie crust.
- Granulated Sugar: To sweeten up the crust a little more.
- Salt: A tiny bit to enhance the flavors in the crust – not too much, just a pinch.
- Melted Unsalted Butter: Holds the crust together, making it crumbly and rich.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: The creamy ingredient that makes the filling rich and dreamy. Any dessert with condensed milk is a winner in my book.
- Fresh Lemon Juice: Adds bright flavor to the creamy filling.
- Crushed Pineapple (Drained): So the filling has extra bursts of fruity goodness.
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut: For texture and some delicious nutty flavor!
- Chopped Pecans: Add nutty flavor and a satisfying crunch to the pie.
- Whipped Topping/ Cool Whip: Makes the filling extra light and fluffy. You’ll also use some of this for garnish.
- Other Toppings: I garnished my million dollar pie with extra chopped pecans, toasted coconut, and of course- some maraschino cherries for that picture perfect finishing touch.
Let’s Make Million Dollar Pie!
Million dollar pie is super easy to put together. No baking required! Just make sure you give yourself enough time for it to chill and set up properly. My recommendation is at least 4 hours.
- Crust Mixture: In a large bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and stir until it resembles wet sand and all the graham cracker crumbs are moistened.
- Add to Pie Pan: Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. You can use your fingers or the bottom of a flat glass or measuring cup to really press the crust together and up the sides.
- Chill: Place the crust in the fridge to chill while you prepare the filling.
- Condensed Milk and Lemon Juice: Add the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice to a large bowl and whisk for 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
- Mix-Ins: To be sure the pineapple is fully drained, dump it into a fine mesh strainer and use the back of a spoon or rubber spatula to really press the pineapple against the mesh to get out all the juice. Add the pineapple, coconut, and pecans to the sweetened condensed milk. Stir to combine.
- Fold: Fold the whipped topping into the mixture and pour the pie filling into the chilled crust.
- Chill and Serve: Chill the pie for at least 4 hours before serving. Top with additional whipped topping, pecans, toasted coconut, and maraschino cherries as desired. Serve chilled.
Tips and Variations
- Icebox Version: This pie can be treated as an icebox pie! Instead of chilling it in the fridge, chill it in the freezer for 4-6 hours, until frozen through. Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving. It should be mostly frozen, not completely thawed if made as an icebox pie.
- Toast Your Pecans and Coconut: The coconut and pecans in the pie are not listed as toasted in the recipe card, but you are more than welcome to toast them in the oven at 375 for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Let them cool before using them in the pie.
- Don’t Skip the Lemon Juice! This reacts with the sweetened condensed milk to make it thicken and help the pie hold its shape.
- Using Whipped Cream: In place of whipped topping, you may substitute 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream whipped to stiff peaks with ¼ cup powdered sugar.
- Use a Store-Bought Crust! Make this pie even easier by using a pre-made graham cracker crust.
- Make Your Own Graham Cracker Crumbs: Add 12 full graham crackers to a blender or food processor and pulse until finely ground. Use as directed in the recipe card.
Storing Leftover Million Dollar Pie
Store leftover million dollar pie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To freeze leftovers, place them in an airtight container and freezer for up to 3 months. Frozen pie is best served mostly frozen, not completely thawed. The amount of dairy in the pie can cause it to separate if it thaws completely after being frozen.
Pin this now to find it later
In a large bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and stir until it resembles wet sand and all the graham cracker crumbs are moistened.
Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. You can use your fingers or the bottom of a flat glass or measuring cup to really press the crust together and up the sides.
Place the crust in the fridge to chill while you prepare the filling.
Add the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice to a large bowl and whisk for 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
To be sure the pineapple is fully drained, dump it into a fine mesh strainer and use the back of a spoon or rubber spatula to really press the pineapple against the mesh to get out all the juice. Add the pineapple, coconut, and pecans to the sweetened condensed milk. Stir to combine.
Fold the whipped topping into the mixture and pour into the chilled crust.
Chill the pie for at least 4 hours before serving. Top with additional whipped topping, pecans, toasted coconut, and maraschino cherries as desired. Serve chilled.
Calories: 431kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 4gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 177mgPotassium: 159mgFiber: 3gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 484IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 2mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Hi! I’m a dedicated health blogger sharing valuable insights, natural remedies, and the latest scientific breakthroughs to help readers lead healthier lives. With a holistic approach to wellness, I empower individuals with accessible and actionable content, debunking myths and offering practical tips for incorporating healthy habits.